1. Helped encourage Chicagoland women to be a part of the inaugural Chicago Women’s Half Marathon & 5K by being one of the faces of the race.
2. Completed my third half marathon after developing a running injury.
3. Learned to swim, the proper way.
4. Completed my first triathlon.
5. Celebrated 5 years living in Chicago and working with my company.
6. Got a promotion at work.
7. Learned to sew. This is something I have always wanted to do and now I can’t stop.
8. Celebrated the 1st year anniversary of Black Girls RUN! Chicago running group, and attended the inaugural Black Girls RUN! race in Atlanta.
9. Invested in a DSLR camera to capture all the even better things to come in 2013!
10. Stepped into the modern age and upgraded my flip phone to a smartphone. Thank you Google Maps App, I will never be lost in the city again.
11. Got out of 4 pricey parking tickets through the fine art of letter writing.
12. Avoided buzz cutting my hair with the help of box braids.
Ok, the last few are really a stretch. But the list wouldn’t make much sense with 8 things, now would it? Make a list of your 12 notable things from 2012 to reflect on all that the year has brought you! Have a happy and safe new year!